Fire-roasted Padron peppers are a great appetizer to try. These little green peppers are found at farmers markets and grocers in mid to late summer. This easy preparation is a great way to taste them for the first time.
- Serves: 6 servings
- Calories: 67
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- 2 pints fresh Padron peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon flaky kosher salt
- Preheat grill with a medium flame.
- Rinse and drain the Padron peppers and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil to coat the peppers.
- Place peppers on the grill and let cook until blistered and browned, turning 2 or 3 times to cook all sides.
- Place grilled peppers on a plate and sprinkle with flaky kosher salt. Serve immediately.
Vegetables are great on the grill! These peppers would be a great compliment to our flank steak.