Garden Chef Pesto
Author: The Garden Chef kids at Sabin Elementary School
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2 cups firmly packed kale
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbs - ½ cup olive oil
- Add minced garlic and hazelnuts to mortar and begin smashing. If you don't have a mortar and pestle you can use a blender or food processor.
- Wash, dry and rip kale into tiny pieces.
- Add the kale to mortar and continue smashing.
- Add Parmesan cheese
- Add salt and lemon juice
- Slowly add the oil, take turns mixing the pesto with the pestle
Recipe by Rootopia at http://rootopia.com/garden-chef-pesto/