Apple & Pear Tiny Tart
Author: Michelle Ratcliffe
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 12-inch circles of pie dough. Use your favorite recipe or pre-made dough.
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and diced into ¼ inch cubes
- 2 pears, apples, peeled, cored, and diced into ¼ inch cubes
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Milk, for brushing
- Coarse or granulated sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, core and dice apples and pears.
- Mix apples and pears with sugar and spices.
- Cut 3-inch circles from pie dough using cookie or biscuit cutter and put them onto a sheet pan. If sheet pan is not non-stick, cover tray with parchment paper or coat it with butter.
- Lightly brush milk on pie dough circle.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture into the center of the pie dough circle.
- Cover with another pie dough circle and crimp down the edges with a fork.
- Using a fork, poke a set of holes on the top.
- Brush top with milk and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Recipe by Rootopia at http://rootopia.com/apple-pear-tart/