Garbanzo Bean and Tomato Salad
Author: Portland Public Schools Nutrition Services
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 5 cups
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or grated
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- In a large bowl combine the cider vinegar, fresh garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Let this mixture sit for 5 minutes to mellow the garlic.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half from top to bottom.
- Add the tomatoes and the drained garbanzo beans to the bowl with the vinaigrette dressing.
- Stir to combine.
- Just before serving, stir in the basil.
Estimated cost per serving: $0.95
Serving size: ¾ cup Calories: 142 Fat: 5.5g Saturated fat: 0.7g Carbohydrates: 20g Sugar: 0 Sodium: 172mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0
Recipe by Rootopia at http://rootopia.com/garbanzo-bean-tomato-salad/