Zesty Quinoa Salad
Author: Minneapolis Public Schools Culinary & Nutrition Services
Serves: 8 servings
- ¾ cup uncooked red quinoa
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow pepper
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped kale (or spinach)
- ⅛ cup fresh basil (cut into thin strips)
- Lemon Herb Dressing
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp italian seasoning
- Put all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Whisk together until thoroughly combined
- Set aside
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly before cooking.
- Chop kale or spinach
- Cut basil leaves into thin strips.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add raw quinoa. Cook at a low boil for 15 minutes. Rinse cooked quinoa with cool water; drain.
- Pour cold quinoa into large mixing bowl. Mix in carrots, peppers, tomatoes, kale & basil.
- Add dressing to quinoa mixture.
- Store in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Top with sunflower seeds & chives (optional)
Calories: 312 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 27 Sugar: 13 Sodium: 276 Protein: 3
Recipe by Rootopia at http://rootopia.com/zesty-quinoa-salad/